Insurance Australia Group

Insurance Australia Group

Company
Company Less

Insurance Australia Group

to get instant updates about 'Insurance Australia Group' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!

X 

All Updates


Description:
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) is an Australian publicly-listed company with its shares traded on the Australian Stock Exchange as .

The company was formed by the demutualisation of the NRMA Insurance business in July 2000 and a return of shares to the members of NRMA. According to its website, NRMA Insurance Group Limited changed its name to Insurance Australia Group Limited on 15 January 2002. IAG is the name of the listed entity; it is not a customer-facing brand, however it represents the umbrella organization that holds many well known insurance brands.

Insurance business

Insurance Australia Group operates a number of different insurance brands in Australia, Asia and the UK including:

Australia

  • NRMA Insurance
  • SGIO, acquired in 1998
  • SGIC, acquired in 1998
  • CGU Insurance, acquired in 2003
  • Swann Insurance, acquired in 2003
  • The Buzz , formed in 2009


IAG has a 70% shareholding in Insurance Manufacturers of Australia Limited (the other 30% being held by RACV), which issues insurance under the RACV Insurance name that is sold by RACV.

New Zealand



United Kingdom



Asia

  • Safety Insurance, Thailand, held a stake in 1998, now holds 96% voting rights
  • NZI Thailand, acquired in 2003
  • AmAssurance, Malaysia, (49% ownership of AmG Insurance, which is part of......
  • ...

Read More

No feeds found

All
Posting your question. Please wait!...


About

Company
No messages found
Suggested Pages
Zid
Zid
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from