2141 was built in 1912 by the Canadian Locomotive Company, in Kingston, ON - built for the Canadian Northern Railway, prior to it being absorbed into the Canadian National Railway. She is a 2-8-0, 'Consolidation' class of steam locomotive built for branch line railways. Originally a coal burner, she was converted to burn oil in 1954, and retired from active duty in 1958. 2141 was sold to the City of Kamloops in 1961, and placed on display in Riverside Park until restoration work began in 1995. The restoration was completed in 2001, and 2141 has been working for KHR from May until December each year since.
The Kamloops railway station, is used by the railway with tickets sold from their ticket office at 5-510 Lorne St near the station.