Ken Arthurson

Ken Arthurson

Rugby League Biography
Rugby League Biography Less

Ken Arthurson

to get instant updates about 'Ken Arthurson' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!


All Updates

Kenneth Richard "Arko" Arthurson AM (born 1 October 1929 in Glebe, New South Wales) is an Australian rugby league football identity. Affectionately known as "The Godfather of Manly", he played, coached and was later an administrator at the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles club of the New South Wales Rugby League premiership. Later he ran the NSWRL, and then the Australian Rugby League during the 1990s' Super League war, resigning in 1997 as part of the peace process for creating the unified National Rugby League.

Playing career

Arthurson played at halfback in the Manly-Warringah club's first Grand Final appearance in the NSWRFL season of 1951, and then played another full season in 1952 before accepting a coaching role with Parkes' club. In a match between Northern and Southern NSW Zones in April 1953, Ken was badly injured. The 27 April edition of the Parkes Champion Post reported that it 'was early in the game when Ken fell over the goal line and another player, who was following him, fell on top of him, striking ken's head with his knee'. He was rushed to Parkes District Hospital in a serious condition with a fractured skull. Ken had taken part in only two other matches since his arrival. He was later to spend three months in hospital recuperating from his injury and never played Rugby League again.

Coaching career

Arthurson returned to Sydney and coached Manly's third grade team in 1954 and reserve grade in 1955-56. He was first...
Read More

No feeds found

Posting your question. Please wait!...


Rugby League Biography
No messages found
Suggested Pages
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from