Kentish Town West railway station, on the North London Line, is in Prince of Wales Road in the London Borough of Camden. It is in Travelcard Zone 2. The station and all trains serving it are operated by London Overground. It opened on 1 April 1867 as "Kentish Town", was renamed "Kentish Town West" on 2 June 1924, and closed after a serious fire on 18 April 1971. Despite an announcement in 1976 that the closure would be permanent, it was rebuilt and re-opened on 5 October 1981.
To allow four-car trains to run on the London Overground network, the North London Line between and Stratford closed in February 2010, and reopened on 1 June 2010, in order to install a new signalling system and to extend 30 platforms. After the reopening the work continued until May 2011 with a reduced service and none on Sundays.