Now village Khairpur is a part of Kallar Kahar Tehsil. Located on the road leading to Choa Saiden Shah 10 Kilometres east of Kallar Kahar motorway interchange, this village of Awan Clan is an old and famous village of Kahoon valley. Apart from the headquarters of Union Council Khairpur, a High School for boys and girls and a Basic Health Unit are there. Agriculture and Army Service are the main profession of the dwellers. Though now the residents of the village are now in other government jobs like teaching, medical, business and other professions. The old name Khardare of this village was changed to Khairpur in 1947. The detail history of the village can be seen in Civil and Military Gazette of Jhelum District. As it was a part of Jhelum District and was included in Pind Dadan Khan Tehsil before 1985.
A number of veteran participated in First and second World War. A Galantry Award "Sitar-e-Jurrat" was awarded to Maj. Shah Nawaz Shaheed in 1965 Indo-Pak War. A road in Karachi was named to remember this Hero of CHumb Jorrian Sector.