<!-- See WikiProject Indian cities
for details -->Khurda (Khordha)
is a city and a municipality area in Khurda district
in the Indian state
, capital of Orissa, belongs to Khurda district and is only 25 km from Khurda town.
Khurda district has a unique place in history as the last kingdom to be conquered by the British in 1803. Khurda is famous for the Paika Bidroha of 1817, led by Jai Rajguru and Bakshi Jagabandhu. Dalabehera of Tapanga Garha also took a leading role at that time. Khurda is famous for Barunei temple atop the Barunei Hill. In this district so many villages are there like Gangapada,Minchinpatna,Angarpada,Mahula,Majana,Karadapalli etc.
Khurda is located at . It has an average elevation of .
, Khurdha had a population of 39,034,the population of Khurda, as estimated in late 2006(), is 42,526. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Khurdha has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 72%. In Khurdha, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Pragyan ojha-Indian cricketer
- JB Pattanaik-Present governor of assam,former CM of orissa.
- Late Lokanath Mishra-Former governor of assam(1991-1997).
- Godavaris Mishra-freedom fighter, writer, teacher.
- Godavarish Mohapatra-editor, writer.
- Krusna Chandra Tripathy-......