La Gloria is twenty eight miles west of Linn on FM1017 (U.S. Highway 281). It is located two miles north of the FM1017-FM755 intersection. A post office was established there in 1908, and by 1914 the community had a population of fifty, a cotton gin, a general store, and telephone service. The San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway built a stop at La Gloria in 1914. The post office closed in 1918. In 1936 the community consisted of a school and scattered dwellings and farms. In 1963 La Gloria still had a school, as well as a water tank and an oil refinery. It remained a dispersed community in 1993.