Lanzhou University of Technology () is a scientific and technological university located in Lanzhou, the provincial capital of Gansu Province, China.
Lanzhou University of Technology was established as Ganzhou Technical School in 1919. In 1958, the school was renamed Lanzhou Polytechnic Institute. In the same year, it merged with Gansu Communication College, it changed its name to Gansu University of Technology. In 1965, the University broaden its curriculum when three specialties from Northeast Heavy-Machine Building Institute, and one specialty from Beijing Machine-Building Institute became a part of the University. The above specialties were a part of First Machine-Building Industry Ministry of China prior to transfer. Subsequent to the reorganization of the State Council of China in 1998, the University is administered by the provincial government and central government, with the local government having the major responsibility for operation. The University was renamed Lanzhou University of Technology in May 2003, following approval by the Education Ministry of China.
The city of Lanzhou lies on the upper reaches of the Yellow River (Huang He) in an elongated valley and is approximately 30 kilometers in length. Once a significant fortress on China’s historic Silk Road, the city has developed into a major transportation and industrial center.<ref... Read More