Lewisham Road railway station was a railway station in Lewisham, London built by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway on the Greenwich Park branch. It was opened in 1871. It was very close to the South Eastern Railway'sSt Johns railway station, which still remains open. Although the line was intended to rival South Eastern's own line through Greenwich it was probably the competition from this which contributed to the low passenger use of stations like this and Greenwich Park station, which eventually saw the line closed in 1917 during the First World War.The line past the station was reopened in 1929 and a new connecting spur built via a flyover to the present Lewisham Station.Today the station building still remains as a salvage shop, the platforms were long ago removed although some structures remain at this level on the 'up' side. To the East of the station beyond where the new connecting spur to Lewisham curves away most traces of the route to Greenwich Park has been removed and extensively built over. However a short stretch of disused embankment forms part of Brookmill Road Nature Reserve just to the north of the spur.