is a predominantly further education
college based in the City
The college's main is on Monks Road
(B1308), specifically to the north, and to the south of Lindum Hill
The college also has sites in Gainsborough
, and also in Newark-on-Trent
(since merging with the former Newark and Sherwood College in 2007 ).
The two branch sites are branded as Gainsborough College
and Newark College
More than 11,000 students are enrolled across the three sites, making it one of the largest educational establishments in the county
. The college closed its small fourth campus in Louth, Lincolnshire
It was earlier known as Lincoln Technical College and built on Cathedral Street
in 1932. It became Lincoln College of Technology
in the early 1970s, then administered by the City of Lincoln Education Committee. North Lincolnshire College (known as NLC from 1989) was created on 1 September 1987 by Lincolnshire County Council from combining the Lincoln site with Gainsborough College of Further Education and part of the Louth Further Education Centre.
It previously had its headquarters on Cathedral Street
until 1993. In the early 1990s it offered degrees and HNDs in Business Studies, Electronics, and Computer Studies in conjunction with Nottingham Trent University, becoming... Read More