Lincoln High School
, founded in 1954, is the Lincoln Unified School District
's only public high school. The school serves thousands of students from ethnically and socio-economically diverse populations.
- In 2008, Lincoln High completed construction of a one-story gym. With support from the Lincoln Education Foundation, the District hopes to build a performing arts building on the Lincoln High campus.
According to California Department of Education's report in 1956, Lincoln High had a graduation rate of 97% with about 50% of graduates going on to two and four-year colleges. The graduation rate has dropped precipitously since 1956.
Each student is required to take some basics courses including but not limited to the following:
- 4 years of English (including English 9 and 10 and, beginning in the 2009-10 school year, the student's choice of AP Language and Composition, AP Language and Literature, English 11, and English 12)
3.5 years of Social Science (including a freshman Geography semester, World History, US History, and U.S. Government/Economics)
- 2 years of Physical Education (four if student fails to pass the Fitness-Gram test)
- 2 years of Sciences (one life science course and one lab course)
- 1 Semester of a Health Course
and 9 additional Elective Courses.
Lincoln High Schools has a wide array of courses offered to students in all areas of education, including foreign language, performing... Read More