Line 2 of the Madrid Metro was opened on 11 June 1924 between Sol and Ventas. It was later extended fron Sol to Quevedo on 27 December 1925 and from Quevedo to Cuatro Caminos on 1 September 1929. In 1932, a branch from Goya to Diego de León was added. This branch was transferred to Line 4 in 1958. In 1964 the line was extended from Ventas to Ciudad Lineal, though it was really the first part of Line 5, transferred to the latter in 1970. Later, Canal Station was added between Quevedo and Cuatro Caminos to provide interchange with the extended line 7 on 16 October 1998. Finally, on 16 February 2007 the line was extended from Ventas to La Elipa, and in the future this station will provide interchange with Line 11, but no date has been set for this. Line 2 uses class 2000A, but from summer 2007 the line uses some class 3400 trains. An eastern extension from La Elipa to Las Rosas has been approved, scheduled for on 16 March 2011.