thumb|right|200px|Map of civil parish of Little Budworth within the former borough of Vale RoyalLittle Budworth
is a civil parish
and village between Winsford
, in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester
and the ceremonial county of Cheshire
. It is primarily known as the location of the Oulton Park
motor racing circuit.
The village is about 3 miles from Winsford
, 14 miles to Chester
City Center, 8 miles to Northwich
and 17 miles to Warrington
with nearby rail connection along the Mid-Cheshire Line
set in rolling English countryside and forest.
As the Romans settled in mid-Cheshire they explored Delamere Forest
for food and discovered underground salt in the area. The transport of salt led to roads being created in an otherwise wild area. A settlement was founded in this open space by a Viking, Bodeur. The open space was called a 'wirth'. In the Domesday Book
the village appeared as 'Bodeaurde' and is described as a 'waste' with woodland 'one league long and half a league wide' and land enough for two ploughs.
Between 1153 and 1160 the manor was granted by the Third Earl of Chester to Robert le Grosvenor whose descendant held the village for Edward the First. Certain lands remained in the ownership of the Grosvenors. In the reign of Henry VIII it passed to the ancestors of the Earl of Shrewsbury.
In 1860 the village was known as Budworth-in-the-Frith. There was a school known as Lady Egerton's School.
The... Read More