is a small town in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia. The current population is estimated to be 3000 people.
Littlehampton was laid out in 1849 by Benjamin Gray who named it after his native town in Sussex. By 1890 Littlehampton had become a busy industrial area. There were factories producing bricks, jam, sauces, bacon, wattle extract, a brewery and a sawmill. Littlehampton Sawmill closed at the end of 2009.
Today Littlehampton Bricks continues operation, manufacturing high quality clay building bricks and pavers, as well as a range of refractory and insulating bricks. It was established in 1913 developing from another brickyard – Coppins – which was on the other side of the road.
You will also find one of South Australia's oldest churches on the main street of Littlehampton (built 1862) that is still being used today, as well as one of the newest, Trinity Mount Barker, which meets in the Littlehampton Primary School and was established in 2010.
Volunteer Fire Service
The Littlehampton Country Fire Service
(CFS) is the volunteer fire service of Littlehampton. They are part of the Heysen group.