The Lynde and Harry Bradley Technology and Trade School
is a high school
in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
. Founded in 1906 as Boys Trade and Technical High School, its name was changed to Milwaukee Trade and Technical High School beginning with the 1975 graduating class, the first to include young women. The school's name was changed to its present one in 2002 following a donation by Jane Pettit
, widow of Lloyd Pettit
. Bradley Tech currently has four "Academies of Learning" in Communications, Construction, Design and Manufacturing.
Renovations to the school were completed on November 11, 2002. The former Boys Tech building was removed in 2006 using Milwaukee City and MPS funds. The area is being converted to an athletic field and park, with funding from a grant from the NFL and a local donation. The class of 2006 was the first to complete all four years in the new building.
The school has paired with Rufus King High School
, another high school in the city, to produce a FIRST
robotics team, , which participated in many events since its founding in 2005.
Tech's mascot is Tuffy the Trojan. The school colors are purple, silver and white. Tech's longtime rivals are the Bay View High School
The boys' swim team dominated the Milwaukee City Conference
, winning 24 times in 25 years ending with the 1989 school year. The boys' baseball program earned a state tournament birth 10 years in a row from 1980-1990, and won the state championship in 1987. The boys'... Read More