The Madhya Pradesh High Court () is the High Court of the state of Madhya Pradesh. It was established as the Nagpur High Court on 2 January 1936 under the Government of India Act 1935; Letters Patent. The Court was established in Nagpur, but after the reorganization of states on 1 November 1956, it was moved to Jabalpur. The court has a sanctioned judge strength of 42.
Principal seat and benches
The principal seat of the court is Jabalpur. The court is housed in an impressive building constructed by Raja Gokul Das in 1899. The building was designed by Henry Irwin in 1886. The construction work of this building was commenced in 1886 and completed in 1889. The building was constructed in brick-lime with ornamental towers and cornices. The architecture of the building is mixed baroque and oriental. The arches as well as the bastions at the corner are ornamental. There are 14 court rooms in this building.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court has two permanent benches: one at Indore and the other at Gwalior. These two benches were initially established as the temporary benches on 1 November 1956 and later came into existence as the permanent benches on 28 November 1968.
The current Chief Justice of the High Court of Madhya Pradesh is Justice Syed Rafat Alam. He was appointed on 16 December 2009 and sworn-in as the 20th Chief Justice on 20 December 2009.