The manor was built by the Cairo businessman Charles A. Galigher in 1869. It is a 14 room red brick house which features double walls intended to keep out the city's famous dampness with their ten inch airspaces. Inside the home are many original, 19th century furnishings. Galigher became a friend of Ulysses S. Grant during the time Grant had command in Cairo. When Grant retired after two terms as president he was subject of a lavish celebration at Magnolia Manor.
- official site
(Listed in 1934 as Peter T. Langan House the owner at the time)