Malvern St James is a leading independent school for girls in Great Malvern, Worcestershire, England. It occupies the land between the two parallel streets of Barnards Green Road and Avenue Road and is located conveniently close to Great Malvern railway station. The school continues to occupy the same campus as the former Malvern Girls' College, which includes as its main building, the former Imperial Hotel, which had been taken over for use as a school by Malvern Girls College in 1919. The school comprises three sections: a Junior School for girls aged 4 - 11, a Senior School for girls aged 11 - 18, and a Sixth Form. A November 2009 Ofsted inspection rated the school as Grade 1 (Outstanding).
Malvern Girls' College was founded in 1893 by Miss Greenslade and Miss Poulton, and was first located in College Road. In 1919 they acquired the Imperial Hotel and in 1934, a major extension including an assembly hall was built. Further extensions included the Hatfield building in the 1960s, the Edinburgh Dome in 1977 and The Science Education Centre in 1998. St James's School was founded in the south of England by Alice and... Read More