Mandi Bahauddin () is a district of the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is located at 32°34'60N 73°30'0E and is bounded on the northwest by the Jhelum River, on the South-East by the Chenab River which separates it from Gujranwala District and Gujrat District and on the southwest by Sargodha District. The district has an area of 2673 km² The main city is known by its divided territories called mohallahs; popular mohallahs are Gorah Mohallah, Munshi Mohallah, School Mohallah, Shafqat abad.
The district of Mandi Bahauddin is subdivided into three tehsils and 65 Union Councils:Mandi Bahudin (the city of tigers)
In 1506 C.E. a Gondal Jat Chief Bahauddin established a settlement namely Pindi Bahauddin, after his migration from Pindi Shah Jahanian to this area. The population of this town grew in the early 20th century near the ancient village - the town was named Mandi Bahauddin (or Market Bahauddin) after establishment of a grain market in the area. The district forms central portion of the Chaj Doab lying between Jhelum and Chenab rivers. It lies between 300 – 8/ to 320 - 40/ north latitudes and 730 – 36/ to 370- 37/ east longitudes. During British rule in 1916 Pindi Bahauddin Railway station was established. It was a time when the British were establishing and introducing modern and essential public use equipments in their best interest. Above mentioned Railway System was... Read More