Medvezhyegorsk (; ; ), also transliterated as Medvejegorsk and Medvezegorsk and formerly known as Medvezhyya Gora and Karhumäki is a town in the Republic of Karelia, Russia.
There was a village there since the 17th century, but it did not achieve town status until 1916, when it was known as in Russian Medvezhyya Gora (literally, Bear Mount). However, it changed to its current name in 1938. Between 1703–1710 and 1766–1769 a factory was operating on the site of the city. The town was occupied by Finland during World War II between 1941 and 1944. The population grew from 15,800 in 1959 to 28,300 by 1996, but has been in decline since then, shrinking to 16,551 in 2005. The population as of 2008 was 15,698.