Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons

Membership Of The Royal College Of Surgeons

Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons

to get instant updates about 'Membership Of The Royal College Of Surgeons' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!


All Updates

MRCS is a professional qualification for surgeons in the UK and Ireland

It means Member of the Royal College of Surgeons. In the United Kingdom, doctors who gain this qualification traditionally no longer use the title 'Dr' but start to use the title 'Mr', 'Mrs', 'Miss' or 'Ms'.There are 4 surgical colleges in the UK & Ireland:

Each college used to hold examinations independently, but latterly to a common syllabus. However, in January 2004, the four colleges switched over to a common examination, known as the Intercollegiate MRCS.

The separate qualifications used to be Fellowships (F.R.C.S.), but a new set of higher fellowships in specialised fields such as orthopaedics, urology, etc, has been set up to be taken at the end of Higher Surgical Training: this is now the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons.

The new M.R.C.S. is originally decided to be taken at the end of Basic Surgical Training. However in recent years interns are allowed to take certain parts of the examination.

This qualification should not be confused with the old M.R.C.S. which was paired with the L.R.C.P. to form the Conjoint diploma, a now defunct initial qualification in medicine.

Although this and many other Royal College membership and fellowship examinations appear to be designed for medical practice in Britain...
Read More

No feeds found

wait Posting your question. Please wait!...

No updates available.
No messages found
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from