Dr. Michael Bhatty
(born 1967) is a noted computer game designer
, responsible for the development and integration of modern story mechanics in the German game industry. Bhatty defines games not just as games, but a media form of its own, therefore implying that a far vaster range of content can be covered.
In 2010 he became the first professor for Game Design at the Macromedia University of Applied Sciences
in Munich, Germany.
in media science covers the aspects of the history of interactive fiction, conncected to film, TV, literature and theater as well as to classical paper and pencil games
. Here he also defines the chaos paradigma
, an interactive story telling concept, which combines the paradigms of screen writer Syd Field
and Christopher Vogler
with chaos theoretical mechanics.As one of the first computer games, Bhatty introduced all of the archetypes defined by Carl Jung
into a computer game: With Aarne Jungerberg
he designed the gameplay, story, world and characters for Sacred
- Runes of Magic - Asiya, (novel), Stuttgart: Panini, April 2011
- Runes of Magic - Shareena, (novel), Stuttgart: Panini, March 2010
- Meine Tierklinik - Babys (Nintendo DS), Braingame, 2009
- FarCry 2 - Blutige Diamanten, (novel), Stuttgart: Panini, May 2008
- BerylTales, Michael Bhatty Entertainment and Xybris Interactive, 2008
- FarCry 1 - Götterdämmerung, (novel), Stuttgart: Panini 2007
- TinCan - Escape, Phenomedia, 2006
- Sven 2 - Gut......