The colleges foundation stone was laid on March 3, 1922, by the Prince of Wales. It was named King George Royal Indian Military School. Five such cadet schools were built throughout India to benefit the sons of Royal Indian Army. Military College Jhelum and Chail Military School in India are sister institutes.
Classes began on 15 September 1925. At that time it was organized as a residential school for the sons of Muslim soldiers with the objective of producing educated rank and file for the British-Indian Army units.
From 16 April 1932 to 11 November 1936 the Chief Instructor was Warrant Officer Charles Eaton. A bungalow was built for him and his family on the banks of the Canal and still exists. When W.O. Eaton and his family left the students lined the route all the way to the railway station and festooned him with garlands, such was their esteem. In 1943, the school underwent and the college emerged as an institution of choice for potential officers of the... Read More