Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology
(MSU-IIT) or (MSU - IIT) is an autonomous external campus
of Mindanao State University
System. Located in Iligan City
, it was chartered on July 12, 1968 as provided for in Republic Act 5363.
The institute offer a wide array of more than 115 academic programs, which include 43 graduate programs in a variety of fields including education
, information technology
, natural sciences
, and law
Our students are given opportunities to collaborate with more than 500 distinguished full-time faculty members passionate about teaching, research, extension, and community development. For these, MSU-IIT has received numerous institutional awards.
The history of the Institute goes back to 1946 with the establishment of the Iligan High School (IHS). In 1956, the IHS was converted into the Lanao Technical School (LTS) under the Bureau of Vocational Education. In 1965, RA 4626 converted LTS into the Northern Mindanao Institute of Technology (NMIT). However, this law was not implemented. On July 12, 1968, RA No. 5363 integrated Lanao Technical School into the MSU System.During the 62nd meeting of the MSU Board of Regents on March 12, 1975, the first comprehensive reorganization plan for the Institute was approved under BOR Resolution No. 894, s. 1975. This plan made the Institute the first autonomous campus of the MSU System.
In the years that... Read More