The Morgan-Wells House, also known as the Norwood-Morgan-Wells House, was added to the United StatesNational Register of Historic Places on November 16, 1977. The house is located in the Adams County city of Quincy, Illinois. This Italianate structure was built in 1860 onto another structure by Edward Wells. The original building, which is now the rear of the house, was constructed in 1853 by J.E. Norwood, a pork packer. Quincy banker Lorenzo Bull, who owned the home by 1901, gave it to the Cheerful Home Association and it became the first licensed children's home in the state of Illinois in 1901. In 1933 the YWCA purchased the home for $10.