is a national secondary school in Nairobi, Kenya. It was founded in 1902 by the British settlers who had made Nairobi their home after the construction of the Uganda Railway. In 1925 Lord Delamere
and Sir Edward Grigg
, then Governor of Kenya
, decided to separate the European Nairobi School
into a senior boys school (Prince of Wales School), senior girls school (Kenya High School) and a junior school (Nairobi Primary School). In 1931 a new school was built at the site at Kabete, the main school buildings being designed by Herbert Baker
. The school was then renamed the Prince of Wales School
, but following Kenya's independence the school was renamed Nairobi School
in 1965. In July 2008, the school was closed for the first time ever to avert a student strike.
<!-- Unsourced image removed: --><!-- Unsourced image removed: --><!-- Commented out because image was deleted: -->
Nairobi School Cadets-Kenya Regiment
Nairobi School had a cadet
training course of paramilitary
standards in which interested students enrolled. The cadet course was started in the colonial era when Mau Mau activity was at its peak. After the colonial era Kenya Regiment went on with the cadet course until it was stopped by the government after the unsuccessful 1982 coup d'etat. The cadet section had uniforms, guns, ammunition, an armoury, a parade ground with adjacent stores and offices and a shooting range.
Kenya Regiments cadets took part in march pasts during... Read More