The line 1 station opened as part of the first stage of the line between Porte de Vincennes and Porte Maillot on 19 July 1900. The line 2 platforms opened when the line was extended from Bagnolet (now Alexandre Dumas) on 2 April 1903. The line 6 platforms opened when the line was extended from Place d'Italie to Nation on 1 March 1909. The line 9 platforms opened when the first stage of the line was extended from Richelieu – Drouot to Porte de Montreuil on 10 December 1933. On 12 December 1969, the RER station was opened as a new Paris terminus for the Ligne de Vincennes, replacing the old Gare de La Bastille. On 8 December 1977 the central section of line A opened from Nation to Auber.