The NFL Experience
is a temporary theme park
operated by the National Football League
during the week of the Super Bowl. It is a combination of interactive attractions and special events.
The Experience's attractions simulate the elements that are found in the NFL, including:
- Throwing a football for accuracy at a target
- Simulating a short run to the goal line while being restrained by a bungee cord
- Making extra point and field goal attempts
- Running a pass pattern among the sidelines
- Leaping over pylons that substitute for defenders and landing into an "end zone"
- Calling the play-by-play of a famous event or game
- Dancing to celebrate a touchdown
Elsewhere at the Experience are a large "NFL Shop" and an autograph
table at which current and former players make appearances.
Most attractions carry the names of corporate sponsors
. Also, some vendors sell products in temporary storefronts.
On the Saturday before the Super Bowl, the Experience hosts "NFL PLAYERS LIVE," which is produced by the NFL Players Association
. This event features autograph sessions and video game
Also generally held on the grounds are a clinic for cheerleaders
and Punt, Pass, and Kick
, a recreational event for young people.
In 2007, the Experience is the new venue for Pepsi Smash
, a series of concerts
in which famous recording artists
perform to celebrate the Super Bowl.
In 2008, a new event called NFLX After Dark will take place on... Read More