is a global architecture
, planning and design firm
with offices in Beijing, Boston, Columbus, Dubai, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Shanghai. The firm was founded in 1943 by Seattle architects Floyd Naramore
, William J. Bain
, Clifton Brady
, and Perry Johanson
, and was initially called Naramore, Bain, Brady & Johanson.
Today, NBBJ provides services in architecture, interiors, planning and urban design, branding, consulting, landscape design, and lighting. The firm is involved in multiple markets and building types including: civic, corporate, commercial, healthcare, higher education, science, sports, and transportation.
NBBJ accepted the Architecture 2030 Challenge
, a global initiative stating that all new buildings and major renovations reduce their fossil-fuel GHG-emitting consumption by 50% by 2010, incrementally increasing the reduction for new buildings to carbon neutral
(*Denotes Former Tenant)
- AIA Charleston, Merit Award, Medical University of South Carolina, 2010
- Interior Design Magazine, Best of Year Award Winner - Healthcare, Dubai Mall Medical Centre, 2010
- AIA Seattle, Merit Award, Seattle Children's Bellevue Clinic, 2010
- AIA Los Angeles, Citation, NHN Tower, 2010
- Korean Institute of Architects, Honor Award, NHN Tower, 2010
- Modern Healthcare Design Awards, Award of Excellence, Swedish Orthopedic......