The North London Railway Class 75
is a class of 0-6-0T steam locomotive
Thirty were built to a design by J.C. Park
from 1879 to 1905. They were designed for shunting
's docks and were very compact but powerful engines. This made them suitable later for transfer onto the Cromford and High Peak Railway
, and some were sent north. They worked there until they were displaced by J94 "Austerity"
They were originally numbered 15–18, 61–66, 75–80, 91–95, 104, 107, 111, 115–116, 119, 121–123. In 1909 the nine locomotives numbered above 100 were transferred to the London and North Western Railway
and renumbered in the 2600s. The remaining locomotives were also transferred at a later date and renumbered in the 2800s. All passed to the London, Midland and Scottish Railway
, and were renumbered 7503–7532. In 1934 the surviving engines were renumbered by adding 20,000 to their numbers. In 1948 the 14 surviving engines passed to British Railways
and were renumbered 58850–58863.
One, BR 58850 (ex LMS 27505, LMS 7505, LNWR 2650, NLR 116) – the last of the class to be withdrawn, in 1960 – has been preserved and has run on the Bluebell Railway
. However it is stored at shed awaiting overhaul.