<!-- Image with inadequate rationale removed: thumb|130px|left|The -->
The No.2 Squadron (Winged Arrows) of the IAF
is a unit dedicated to CAS
. Based at Kalaikunda
AFS, it forms, along with No.18 Squadron
(The Flying Bullets
), the 5 wing
of the IAF.No. 2 Sqn falls under the Eastern Air Command
No. 2 Squadron has as its emblem an arrow with unfolded wings, with the symbolic number 2
attached to the shaft. Below this crest, on a scroll is inscribed Amogh Lakshya"
(Lit: Unwaivered Aim).
Though the Indian Air Force was born with the raising of No.1 Squadron in 1933, it was to take another eight years before the second squadron could be raised. The outbreak of the second world war and the rapid influx of trained pilots and personnel saw to the availability of enough aircrew to equip a second squadron. Accordingly on 1 April 1941, No.2 Squadron, IAF was raised at Peshawar under the command of Flt Lt AB Awan.
Equipped with the Westland Wapiti
, the same aircraft on which No.1 was raised, it had a unit establishment of 20 officers and 164 men. Six officers from No.1 were seconded to the squadron and another seven arrived from No.1 SFTS Ambala. Flt Lt SN Goyal and Flt Lt MK Janjua were the flight commanders of 'A' and 'B' flights respectively. the Adjutant was Flt Lt HU 'Bulbul' Khan. Flt Lt Aspy Engineer took over command of the squadron in Jun 41 and soon a detachment was sent to Miranshah to provide operations......