Unlike other civil parishes with a name of the form "X with Y", North Leverton with Habblesthorpe is actually shown on Ordnance Survey maps as such. It therefore has the longest name of a village in England and is the second longest in Europe, behind a Welsh village.
The village has a working windmill which was built in 1813 and is a grade 2* listed building. The windmill is open every Saturday and sells wholemeal flour and souvenirs. There is no admission fee to enter the mill, but there is a donation box and all donations go towards the upkeep of the mill. The village also has a local Primary school with a highly regarded reputation, a parish church, a small village store and post office, and a pub.