Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin
is a coeducational
, Catholic high school
in Chardon, Ohio
, run by the Sisters of Notre Dame
. It is a part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
This school began as Notre Dame Academy, an all-girls' school founded in 1878
. The school moved from Ansel Road in Cleveland, where it had been located for fifty years, to the rolling countryside of Chardon, Ohio in 1963. The school gained a reputation for academic excellence in the Catholic tradition. The students were a tightly knit community, and most will remember tradition being an important part of their time at NDA.
Cathedral Latin School was established in 1916 by the Cleveland Diocese and Brothers of the Society of Mary (Marianists). By the late 1960s, Latin joined University Circle Inc. This college preparatory school for boys became renowned for its own scholastic excellence along with a storied sports history right up until its closing in 1979.
The name was changed to Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin in 1988 when the school invited the Cathedral Latin Alumni Association to join in creating a new, coed school community on the NDA campus.
The current campus has added lights to the football fields, and the first game under the lights was played in 2008 against Chagrin Falls and NDCL beat Chagrin in OT despite the rainy, cold weather.
Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin is in the North Coast League.
New Tennis courts have been added to the beautiful campus in Chardon.
- The mem'ries of......