The Catford Loop line was opened on 1 July 1892. It gave a second route out of London for the LCDR, and Nunhead thus became a three way junction. The Nunhead to Greenwich Park line was opened 1871 as far Blackheath Hill with the final stretch to Greenwich park opening in 1888. The whole branch was closed on 1 January 1917 for wartime economies.
In 1925, the lines in the area were electrified, and a new station at Nunhead was built on the London side of the original site. In 1929... Read More