The De La Salle Brothers purchased the Oakhill property in 1932.The school commenced in August 1936 with four students, increasing to 30 in 1937 when there were 10 day and 20 boarding students. The College served the then rural area of "The Hills", and grew slowly until in 1953, its enrolment reached 100.
In 1974 the decision was taken to phase out the boarding school and, in 1976 Oakhill College became a co-educational senior school. The phasing out of primary classes commenced in 1980, and by 1983, Oakhill College was enrolling only secondary students.In the year 2006, the 100th year of the Brothers in Australia was celebrated with a mass at St Mary's Cathedral.
The property was initially used as a training college for brothers; the school came... Read More