Oflag II-C Woldenburg was a World War IIGerman ArmyPrisoner-of-war camp located about 1 km from the town Woldenburg, now Dobiegniew in western Poland. It is close to Gorzów Wielkopolski which was called Landsberg before 1945. The camp housed Polish officers and orderlies. and had an area of 25 ha (62 acres) and had 25 brick huts for prisoners and another six for kitchens, class-rooms, theater, administration.
In October 1939 500 Polish prisoners from the German Invasion of Poland were brought here to build the camp and lived initially in tents
May 1940 as the building progressed Polish officers were transferred in small groups from other POW camps..
July 1941 a group of officer-cadets (podchorąży) were brought here from Stalag II-A. They were divided among the 25 huts to work as orderlies, in addition to the lower ranks that were already doing this work.
In April 1942 the last group of Polish officers was brought here from Oflag X-C near Lübeck. The number of inmates reached its highest peak of 5944 officers and 796 orderlies.
In 1944, Polish POWs were granted permission by their Nazi captors to stage an unofficial POW Olympics in 1944, showing that the Olympic spirit can transcend war.
October 1944 a small number of higher rank officers arrived from the Warsaw Rising of 1944.
28 January 1945 the inmates were assembled and......