The Ohio State University at Newark campus
in Licking County, Ohio
is a coeducational public university
founded in 1957 as the first OSU regional campus. During its early years, classes were held at an old Newark High School. In 1966, over one million dollars pledged by 7,000 local citizens to match funds from the state legislature supported the cost of buying of land and constructing the first building, Founders Hall, which opened in 1968.
Since Founders Hall opened, it has become home to classrooms, general administrative and faculty offices, labs and the library. Hopewell Hall, opened in 1976, and includes labs, a student lounge area, classrooms, faculty offices, the cafeteria, the bookstore, financial aid and fees and deposits. Adena Hall was completed in 1978 and contains the gymnasium and workout facilities, classrooms, laboratories and faculty offices. In autumn 1986, the student apartment complex opened and in 1988 the Child Development Center was built. LeFevre Hall, opened in 1993, and is home to technical education, performing arts and faculty offices. The Reese Center, one of the most state-of-the-art facilities in the country, opened in October 2004 and contains classrooms, a 600-seat auditorium, a ballroom and conference center, the Cyber Café, faculty offices, labs and the executive board room. Currently, the Ohio State Newark is the largest of the OSU regional campuses with 50 distinguished faculty members and a student body of 2,100.
Since 1971, the OSU... Read More