The Pan American Institute of Geography and History is an international organisation dedicated to the generation and transference of knowledge specialized in the fields of cartography, geography, history and geophysics.
The institute was created on February 7, 1928, during a conference held in Havana. The city that was established to be the host was Mexico City. The Institute signed an agreement with the Organization of American States and became a specialized organization of the OAS. In 1974 this agreement was modified and signed.