Pei Chun began as a Chinese medium school with 90 students at Tanglin Road on 12 May 1933. The school has moved to different locations, before settling in Toa Payoh in 1970. The Toa Payoh premises were officially opened on 29 June 1973 and underwent further expansion in the 1980s.
In 1990, Pei Chun became one of the 10 Special Assistance Plan (SAP) primary schools in Singapore. The school moved to a new building in 2001.
1933 Began as a Chinese medium school at Tanglin Road with 90 students.
1935 Moved to a shophouse in Orchard Road with an enrolment of 100 students.
1941 Mr Foo Tuck Sun was appointed as the 6th Principal. Enrolment increased to 200 students. School stopped functioning because of the Japanese invasion of Singapore.
1946 Resumed in an old bungalow at Anderson Road with more than 300 students.
1947 Moved to a bungalow at Balmoral Road.
1949 Bought the Balmoral Road premises after a bank loan of $40,000 was granted.
1952 More than $30,000 was raised by the school, teachers and pupils to improve the facilities of the school.
1956 Became a government-aided primary school.
1960-1961 The school was faced with two problems – outstanding arrears in bank loan and constant flooding during rainy seasons.
1962-1965 $71,000 was raised and for the first time, Pei Chun had its own premises. This was not a good site because of constant flooding. The school......