In June 1909, the Potomac Heights Land Co. (based in N.C.) acquired previously known as the Athletic Park tract at the reported cost of $1000 an acre. The tract extends parallel with and between Conduit Road and the Potomac. It is divided by the Washington Railway and Electric Company and ran from Georgetown to Glen Echo for a 5 cent fare. There were 800 lots at $450–$500 per lot and no home was to be erected at less than $,2500.
Sights in the area include Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historic Park, Andrew S. Edwards Island, and Chain Bridge.