—which includes the districts
of Four Lane Ends
, and Woodthorpe
—is one of the 28 electoral wards in City of Sheffield
. It is located in the southern part of the city and covers an area of 4.5 km<sup>2</sup>. The population of this ward in 2001 was 17,300 people in 7,500 households. It is one of the five wards that form the Sheffield Heeley
Districts of Richmond Ward
is a suburb of eastern Sheffield.
Richmond was historically a small settlement consisting of a few cottages and Richmond Hall Farm, built in 1668 and demolished in 1966. Gateposts from the farm, which may have originally flanked an entrance to Sheffield Park, can still be seen amidst a housing estate dating from the late 1960s.
Four Lane Ends
() lies south of Manor Top
. It is primarily a 1930s residential area known as the area where Jarvis Cocker
Built in the 1930s, Woodthorpe
() lies to the east of Intake. It has two pubs, the "High Noon" and "The Springwood", and also has a brand new primary school
(Woodthorpe), which was completed in September 2005.