Rookwood was a railway station on Sydney'sSouth railway line. Until its closure in 1967 it served the Rookwood Cemetery. The station was located between the bridge over Arthur street and the western most junction of the Flemington rail yard. It consisted of two single faced platforms, one on the up suburban line and the other on the down suburban line.
The station opened as Necropolis sometime before 1887. Its name was changed to Rookwood on 1 January 1914.State Rail Authority of New South Wales Archives Section, How & Why of Station Names: meanings and origins..., Second Edition, 1982, State Rail Authority of New South Wales,.