The Rosario Central Córdoba Station
is a former train station
of Santa Fe
. It is located at the junction of 27 de Febrero Boulevard and Juan Manuel de Rosas St., south of the city center.
The station served as a terminus
of the Córdoba & Rosario Railway
company, which laid down its first rails in 1888. The line went north to the city of Rafaela
and then to Córdoba
. In 1912, the company merged with the Córdoba Central Railway
The central block of the Rosario Central Córdoba Station was completely destroyed by a fire on 31 December 1921. The reconstruction of the building was started almost immediately. It ended in 1926 with the construction of a characteristic cupola
-shaped vault), which has been preserved until the present.
In 1949 the government of Juan Perón nationalised
the Argentine railways and reconfigured the lines. The Ferrocarril General Manuel Belgrano
company was left in charge of the Rosario Central Córdoba line; it shut down the passenger services handled by the Rosario Central Córdoba and other stations, concentrating all of it at Rosario Oeste Station
Starting in 2005, the terrains surrounding the station were employed to create an urban park (Parque Hipólito Yrigoyen
). As part of the renewal of the area, the station was restored.... Read More