is a now defunct amusement park
previously located at 169 Lake Shore Drive in the city of Canandaigua, New York
. The park is located along the north shore of Canandaigua Lake
. Roseland started operation in 1925 under its founder and original owner, William Muar. It continued to operate for 60 years until its closure on Labor Day September 2, 1985.
Roseland originally opened up under the name "Lakeside Park" with little more than a dance hall and a few rides. The dance hall itself was named "Roseland" after the Roseland Ballroom
in New York City
. After three years it had become such an integral component to the park's identity, that the park itself was renamed from Lakeside to Roseland. Over the years as the park changed and grew, it saw many rides come and go. Some of the additional attractions saw things like a Ferris wheel
, bumper cars
, a miniature train ride, a sky ride that went out over part of Canandaigua Lake
before returning to the station, and the park's Carousel
, which was purchased for the park in 1941 from the defunct Long Branch
amusement park. Additional attractions have been added and changed over the years, including the addition of the park's major wooden......