The college's primary object is given as "The encouragement of the study and the advancement of the science and practice of obstetrics and gynaecology", although its governing documents impose no specific restrictions on its operation. Its offices are near Regent's Park in central London.
Founded as the British College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in September 1929 by Professor William Blair-Bell and Sir William Fletcher Shaw, RCOG was granted a Royal Charter on 21 March 1947. For the first three years, the office work was done from 20, St John Street, Manchester. In 1932, the office was shifted to London at 58, Queen Anne Street. The building was officially opened by the Duchess of York on... Read More