It is the only Russell Township statewide. Another name for the area is Novelty, from the name of the post office located in the township.. United States Postal Service. Retrieved on 2011-04-27.
The first five inhabitants — Gideon Russell and his family, who came in 1818 — settled on what today is Chillicothe Road (History 306). In 1827 the township was named Russell, although it had been previously known as the West Woods by neighboring communities. In April of that year the people elected John Lowry, Clark Robinson, and Gideon Russell as... Read More