Russian Census of 2002
() was the first census
of the Russian Federation
carried out on October 9 through October 16, 2002. It was carried out by the Russian Federal Service of State Statistics
The census data were collected as of midnight October 9, 2002.
The census was primarily intended to collect statistical information about the resident population
of Russian Federation. The resident population included:
- Russian citizens living in Russia (including those temporary away from the country, provided the absence from the country was expected to last less than one year);
- non-citizens (i.e. foreign citizens and stateless persons) who were any of the following:
- legal permanent residents;
- persons who have arrived to the country with the intent to settle permanently or to seek asylum, regardless of whether they have actually obtained the appropriate immigration status;
- authorized foreign workers or students, provided the period of temporary residence in Russia was expected to last at least one year.
All detailed census tables are for the resident population.
All (resident) participants were asked question on their gender, birth date, marital status, household composition,bithplace, citizenship, ethnic or tribal self-identification (национальность), education level, languagecompetence, sources of income, and employment status. A sample of the participants were also asked moredetailed questions about their... Read More