is a municipality
in the Swiss canton
. It is located in the district of Nyon
Saint-George is first mentioned in 1153 as Sancti Georgii de Essartinis
Saint-George has an area, , of . Of this area, or 17.7% is used for agricultural purposes, while or 76.5% is forested. Of the rest of the land, or 5.8% is settled (buildings or roads) and or 0.2% is unproductive land.
Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 3.7% and transportation infrastructure made up 1.8%. Out of the forested land, 74.9% of the total land area is heavily forested and 1.5% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 8.0% is used for growing crops and 4.8% is pastures and 4.8% is used for alpine pastures.
The municipality was part of the Aubonne District
until it was dissolved on 31 August 2006, and Saint-George became part of the new district of Nyon.
The municipality is located along the Col du Marchairuz road.
Coat of arms
of the municipal coat of arms
is Gules, St. George riding a Horse all Or, haloed Argent and shielded Argent a cross Gules, killing a Dragon Sable lined Or.
Saint-George has a population () of . , 20.2% of the population are resident foreign... Read More