Saint Rose School is a Roman Catholic elementary and middle school in Girard, Ohio. The School contains 200 students from grades K-8. Mrs. Linda Borton is the Principal of the School.
Saint Rose Catholic School, located at 61 East Main Street in Girard, Ohio consists of two separate buildings: the "old building" and the "new building." The first building was built and opened in 1913. The stone plaque surrounded by the building's bricks state the year as 1913. The first graduating class of the 1913 - 1914 school year consisted of five boys and one girl. Their group photo adorns the second floor hall of the old building, as does every group class photo up to 1958.
Then the new building opened, situated right next door and connected by a short underground tunnel. The graduating class photos from the new building adorn the basement halls of the new building with each eighth grade graduating class from its opening year through the present. The old building used to house the junior high classes of 7th and 8th graders until the late 1980s when attendance began to severely decline. Since then, all homerooms are located in the new building.
Saint Rose Roman Catholic Church is on the same block as the school, located on the corner of East Main Street and State Street (Route 422). Students can be seen in their school uniforms taking morning walks with their teachers to church on holy days. The church rectory and priest house are located directly across the... Read More