was an automobile
produced by the Saxon Motor Car Company
, from 1913 to 1923. The company was based in Detroit
and then Ypsilanti
Originally, in 1913, Saxon offered a small two seat roadster
, that featured either a 2- or 3-speed rear axle gearbox
, priced at $395.00.Clymer, Floyd. Treasury of Early American Automobiles, 1877-1925
(New York: Bonanza Books, 1950), p.205. It had headlights
, as an extra option. In 1915, electric lighting was standard.
Also available in 1915 was the Saxon Six
, a five-passenger tourer
, with a 30-35 hp (22-26 kW) six, electric starter
, on a 112 in (2845 mm) wheelbase
and 32×3½-inch (81×8.9 cm) wheels, all for US$785.
In its peak year of 1916, 27,800 Saxons were produced. After 1921, later models were known as the Saxon-Duplex. The last Saxon cars were sold in 1923.
- The New Encyclopedia of Automobiles, 1885 To The Present
- Clymer, Floyd. Treasury of Early American Automobiles, 1877-1925. New York: Bonanza Books, 1950.